What do some of the worlds most influential and successful people have in common? Besides millions of dollars, the all use the practice of visualization to realize their dreams and goals.
Visualization is a powerful technique, just read these success stories if you have any doubt:
- Michael Jordan: used visualization to become arguably the greatest basketball player in history.
- Jack Nicklaus has won a record 18 professional majors and is considered the best golfer in history. He has described how he used visualization extensively to help him prepare and win at golf.
- Tiger Woods was taught how to use visualization and imagery when he was a boy by his father, Earl. Tiger visualizes exactly where he wants the golf ball to go. Tiger Woods uses visualization to become one of the best, if not the best, golfer in the world today.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, five time Mr. Universe, four-time Mr. Olympia has not only used visualization for athletic success but also credits it for his success as a movie star:”When I was very young I visualized myself being and having what it was I wanted. Mentally I never had any doubts about it.”
- Jim Carrey When Carrey was just starting out in Hollywood, he was completely broke and out of work. He decided to write himself a check for ten million dollars and dated it for Thanksgiving 1995. On the bottom he wrote “for services rendered”. He would then carry the check around in his wallet and look at it everyday. Six months before Thanksgiving of 1995, he was paid ten million dollars for his work on a film. It wasnt long before he became of the highest paid actors in Hollywood -earning twenty million per movie.
The truth is that visualization works in a combination of ways.
First of all, it activates the law of attraction.
Secondly it unlocks the motivation inside that you need to strive for your goals. When you remind yourself daily of how good it will feel to achieve your biggest dreams, you will more so motivated to strive for them. This motivation will allow you to take the steps needed to fulfill your dreams – and feel like fun along the way.
Lastly, it burns the mental picture, feelings and emotions into your subconscious mind – a very powerful tool. Once your subconscious mind latches onto an idea, it begins to work without you. Your subconscious can effortlessly lead you to your goals, if it has the right impression.
So follow in the footsteps of some of the most successful people in the world and start visualizing your dreams today. Not only is it proven to work, its fun too.